Managing stored documentation is an essential part of Softrader Cloud in several different contexts. The Document Management System brings these together so that there can be a flexible overlap between the way these systems are managed.
- CertificationCertification information is entered for all stock items as they are received into stock. Optionally, it is also entered for traded items when they arrive. From this point, every item in the system is traceable in the certification database. If you upload the certificates themselves as PDF files, these are also linked to the item, whether it be in stock, or on its way to the customer. Even for items that were sold several years ago, the certificates are always available to view or download. When you sell an item, it is that specific item that is sold. As such, the system can automatically print the test certificates and other documentation for you at any stage of the order process. Many people, for example, include test certificates when they send delivery notes to the customer. These can be printed, or sent via email. They can also be made available for download.
- Documents Associated With Orders, Addresses Or StockAny uploaded document can be associated with any entity in the system. For example, you may have technical drawings associated with stock codes, or a terms and conditions document associated with a particular customer. All of these associated documents can be made to download or print whenever certain events happen. For example, you may always want technical drawings to be printed with advice notes, or terms and conditions always printed with quotations.
- Customer AccessYou can set up a user account for you customers, allowing them to log in and download certification and documentation for any order that is on the system. No more work for your staff searching out old documentation for customers - it can be downloaded at the click of a button. (see also - Client Access)
- File SharingDocument Management is not just about associating documents with certain parts of the system. It can also act as a central repository of files for your employees to easily access and share with each other. Files can be tagged with keywords and stored in folders so it is always easy to find what you’re looking for. In this way, Softrader Cloud can eliminate your need for storing files on in-house servers, further reducing your IT costs.
- Document ManagementThe main Document Management Screen brings together all of the various aspects of the way files and documents are managed within Softrader Cloud. When required, a document can be used in many contexts within the system. It can even be simply stored by itself and tagged with search keywords so that it can be found later.
- Documentation PackagesFiles stored in Document Management can be gathered together into documentation packages for projects of any size. Check-lists can be created for these packages so that users can see where required documentation should be, but is yet to be uploaded. These packages can be associated with an order, or with a larger project containing many sales orders.